Accelerator rounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just posted a want-to-buy for some 30-30 Accelerator rounds. A friend of mine swears they were tack driving accurate in his old 30-30, but everything I see on the internet seems to indicate otherwise. He's a one gun kind of a guy, and has a stack of nice antlers to prove that if you use it right, the 30-30 will get the job done. I hope I can find him some of these rounds. I have recommended that he try some of the Hornady Leverevolution rounds.

Anybody got experience with Accelerators? I never tried reloading any of them since I have a few .22 caliber rifles with big 'ole brass and can get hyper velocities withoug the sabot approach.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought 300 .30/.22 sabots at a gun show last spring and have yet to do anything with them. Got a full box of factory .308 accelerators, just keep them for a conversation piece.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 300 .30/.22 sabots at a gun show last spring and have yet to do anything with them. Got a full box of factory .308 accelerators, just keep them for a conversation piece.

I'd like to score some of those sabot's. Make for some fun reloads to experiment with.
Was there a place they can be ordered?

I shot quite of few of the 06 Accelerators, and they were still for sale in the Remington inventory until two years ago.
I loved them for the lack of recoil, and the speed, but they didn't perform well at longer ranges in my rifle anyway.

Thinking some Barnes copper in the higher weight high BC might shoot better in my gun?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll send some your way, I picked them up at a Super Daves gun show in Claremore. A guy had several packages scattered on a table, cheap, so I took them all. Not sure on the bullet seating procedure, haven't researched it yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll send you some $$ to reimburse your expenses.
I'm not sure on seating them either, but I'm sure between us, or somebody that has been down this road, it can be solved.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, now that I haven't thought about.

I only have 100 of these things but I was wanting to get at least that many more, Okietom, how many of yours come in a bag? Send me a pm if you are interested in selling a bag of them.

From the research I have done of them it says a boat tail bullet works best, so I am wanting to try out some of the 62g FMJ's in a 308 to see how they work. I took 3 of the sabots and seated the bullets the other day just to see how easy it was, and it was easy, now just have to seat the sabot into some laods and check things out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom