Adding Pouches To ALICE Pack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally found a medium ALICE and would like to make a range bag out of it. Anyone know of some common surplus pouches that can be added to it for easier organization? vtarmynavy use to carry a big variety of "add-a-pouch" pouches but they are no longer listed on their store.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of Alice clips, we used to use zip ties to attach other equipment to our packs and web gear. Extras were easy to carry in the bottom of the pack.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to give a little closure to this thread. I have since added 4 pouches to my medium ALICE. 2 molle sustainment pouches on each side, and 2 molle 200rd saw pouches to the front/center above the 3 sewn pouches. They all snapped right on without modification and are working out really well.

The sustainment pouches are really sturdy on the bag because they have snaps on the top and bottom. They are also huge and add a ton of capacity. I would recommend them to be put on any alice whether its used like in this case as a range bag, or hiking, camping, etc... The snaps are spaced perfectly like they were made for this.

The 200rd saw pouches are too big and flop around a bit. I actually ordered the 100rd pouches from maine military supply and received the 200rd instead. They work just fine and I like them on the bag. Its not really worth it to me to replace them BUT the smaller 100rd pouches would have fit better.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coming in to this late, but- If you're going to carry anything heavy or dense, put it in the radio pouch inside, or at least high and forward. That puts more of the weight (Kind of) centered over your hips while walking. If you load heavy stuff in the outside pockets or to the "Rear" of the rucksack (Ammo, mortar rounds, batteries, body armor or whatever, it'll force an exaggerated, hunched over position in order to balance the load. Might be ok for a short stroll, but if you're going to put miles and terrain under your legs, you will pay. ALICE is an unforgiving B!tch.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom