Adjustable gun belt recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My gun belt is a Wilderness Instructor and has served me well. However, it is a 46" belt (I carry IWB). I have been on diet and it is now too big. Anyone know of a reasonable priced belt I can buy that is adjustable until my waist stabilizes? Once I know what my size will be long term I plan to order a Beltman belt. Thanks:thumb:

btw - would be more than happy to trade my Wilderness for something 2-4 inches smaller. Its a 5 stitch in Coyote.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got no help with your belt problem. I just wanted to say "way to go hero" on the weight loss!!! I'm always trying to lose and I've never made it to "replace the belt" stage. My hat is off to you, congratulations.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No direct responses to your Q - don't know that mine are any good, but here they are
- I wear a Mitch Rosen Express belt. Its $70, 1.5 inch, all leather, very stiff. Its adjustable, as most any leather belt will be, and you can punch new holes in it if you need more adjustment. Is that a reasonable cost?
- I've read positive comments about the Loopers belts. Its $40, has kydex sandwiched in. No personal experience.
- I think that Wilderness will give you some $ off if you return the belt buckle to get a new size belt. They used to , anyway. I don't know if they re-use the buckle for you or if they just ship a new belt. Of course, that does not do you much good if you will need another in a week.
- the Wilderness designs that use two loops instead of the Instructor belt buckle give a bit more leeway in adjusting. Not a whole lot.
- Save the old one. Lots of guys gain the weight back.

jej

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense to jej - but get rid of the old ones and don't look back. You don't want the attitude of the old clothes to fall back on. If you loss weight and get new clothes - and then you gain a couple where they feel tight. Start up your program again and lose a couple.

I would get a Looper belt (you might have to get two before you settle into your new weight!)

CONGRATS!

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense to jej - but get rid of the old ones and don't look back. You don't want the attitude of the old clothes to fall back on. If you loss weight and get new clothes - and then you gain a couple where they feel tight. Start up your program again and lose a couple.

I would get a Looper belt (you might have to get two before you settle into your new weight!)

CONGRATS!

No offense taken. I like your approach, in theory. In practice, my own personal practice, not so much. Original poster will find his own way on this.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom