Advice on summer carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much for 38 caliber for self defense but the ruger lc9 + the bra holster wouldn't be bad. Someone posted it on here before, I'll see if I can find it. Its recommended for a lot of joggers as it can conceal even under a sports bra.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much for 38 caliber for self defense but the ruger lc9 + the bra holster wouldn't be bad. Someone posted it on here before, I'll see if I can find it. Its recommended for a lot of joggers as it can conceal even under a sports bra.

The lovely Mrs. Jack T just picked up an LCP and a FlashBang. She has an Bodyguard + FlashBang, but the LCP works *much* better. . .flatter, doesn't dig into her as much.

Just something to consider.

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a woman, and I carry the XD9mm SC. I dress around the gun. I've thought about getting the Kahr PM9 for when we go to the lake. I've shot one, and the recoil is a bit harsh. I won't carry a smaller caliber than 9mm though, and my piece of mind is more important to me than my fashion sense.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I would recommend a 3" 1911 to someone who is enough of a newbie that they are asking questions about a carry gun on the internet.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Ruger LCP. Carry it either in a pocket holster or a small maverick IWB Holster. Very easy to conceal.

Maybe I'm a sissy but when it gets hot, I absolutely hate carrying anything big on me. Everyone now and again I'll break out the SR9c but its rare when it gets warm outside. I carry around the weather, not carry around the gun. I'm confident with either gun I carry to get the job done if I need it to.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be moving back to the J frame in a tuckable holster now that it's getting warmer. I really cannot go everyday with my shirt tail out and the SW 60-series guns are ideal for summer carry.

The "big pistol" moves to a back-up role ... that is a G19 or a 1911

Latest posts

Top Bottom