Advice on summer carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For sure.

Ditto..my wife will be going this route... but in her case -it's the gun she learned to shoot on....she likes to shoot it... and is getting very proficient with it. We will be spending a few dollars getting a little training for her so she learns to work from a holster the "right" way.

I understand the reasons why people shy away from the 1911 as a "first gun"... but millions of GI's learned the 1911 -most as not only the "first" but for many, "the only" handgun they ever shot. If you teach the gun correctly and the student gets the basics down pat... it's as easy or safe as any thing else.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 23 in a crossbreed supertuck 365 days out of the year. If I'm wearing flimsy shorts and the crossbreed is just too much, I have a tagua OWB leather holster for my Glock 23.

I'm 6' tall and rather slim with a small belly, so I conceal very well at the 3 o'clock position and I don't ever feel the Glock 23 on me. I don't sweat much, so leather holsters aren't an issue for me in the summer.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Ruger LCP w/ Crimson Trace laser.. loaded with Hornady Critical Defense in a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster in my front jeans pocket. Works real well. Never once had a hic-up and easy to draw.

I also sometimes carry a 5 shot S&W .38 spl airweight in a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster in my front jeans pocket. It shoots +P JHP rounds, is easy to control and pretty accurite out to 7-10 yds.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally carry a Kahr PM9 with night sites, OWB. If I go to the pool, or lounging around the starbucks, I usually tuck that little guy into my speedo trunks and no one knows the difference. :sweat:

Last edited:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ditto..my wife will be going this route... but in her case -it's the gun she learned to shoot on....she likes to shoot it... and is getting very proficient with it. We will be spending a few dollars getting a little training for her so she learns to work from a holster the "right" way.

I understand the reasons why people shy away from the 1911 as a "first gun"... but millions of GI's learned the 1911 -most as not only the "first" but for many, "the only" handgun they ever shot. If you teach the gun correctly and the student gets the basics down pat... it's as easy or safe as any thing else.

Yes but it wasn't a fairly lightweight,abbreviated grip, 3" barrel 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom