Advice on summer carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a smaller gun to carry during the summer, I currently carry a xd subcompact 40 I:heart: that gun but it does get a little bulky. I am female & sometimes my clothing is form fitting so the xd can be tricky to hide. I carry inside the waistband towards the front.

any advice, recommendations etc?
thanks in advance :-)

Last edited:

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recommend sticking with the XD as much as you can since you have committed to that gun and IMHO you should always carry the biggest caliber you can handle effectively.

When/If you get a different gun to carry in lighter clothing weather, learn the new gun in all aspects to make smooth transitions when switching.

That being said, I have shot or owned most of the "mouse guns" that are out, Kel-tec, LCP, Diamondback, TCP, etc.; out of those you'll be hardpressed to find which is "better" as all have many fans with many different opinions.

I recently picked up the Taurus TCP at Academy sports for $199. Shot a few hundred rounds of different brand ammo and no problems.

For the money, it would be hard for me to argue against the TCP. Another "PRO" would be that the TCP has a slide stop while some others do not.

Link to Academy TCP page

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Stick with the XD and dress around the gun.If you must carry smaller,get a Kahr PM9(9mm).Tiny light gun that is available in 40(PM40) but recoil can be harsh compared to 9mm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom