Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been a pretty silly waste of electrons. Nothing said here is going to be used in what ever trial takes place, but you guys are hell-bent on making each other mad.

Meh, besides looking at gunbunny pics, what else do we use OSA for? Oops, forgot the classifieds...

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently it doesn’t matter what I think but since you asked. I believe he was a known, 2 time felon that had been lurking around this house numerous times. They had experienced some recent thefts in the neighborhood and believed he was involved for whatever reason which I’m sure they will have to explain. When he ran from the house they gave chase. I don’t see anything in the video where they pointed the gun at him. I do see him turn abruptly left and charge the guy holding the shotgun. I think they acted in the heat of the moment to give chase just as many of us might do in a similar situation. Again, probably not the smartest idea but we have all seen how long it takes for a police response sometimes. IF he had not been up to no good and IF he had not tried to take the shotgun he would be alive today. This will be my last post here. Believe what you want and defend the deceased like he was on the way to choir practice. If any of you should decide to wager on the guilty murder verdict, PM me. I could use an extra $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everyone involved made mistakes.

I wouldn't place a bet with you if I was guaranteed to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those that will take the time to watch that video. It lays it out pretty clearly.

Not necessarily directed at you, but I don't know why most people are so quick to take the opinion of lawyers as the gospel/end all be all of the law. In almost every legal case, criminal or civil, one side's lawyer is wrong.

Other than that, the only opinion I have is; this thread makes my head hurt.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily directed at you, but I don't know why most people are so quick to take the opinion of lawyers as the gospel/end all be all of the law. In almost every legal case, criminal or civil, one side's lawyer is wrong.

Other than that, the only opinion I have is; this thread makes my head hurt.

Not necessarily wrong, but perhaps not as persuasive as the other side’s lawyer.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not necessarily wrong, but perhaps not as persuasive as the other side’s lawyer.

You ever wonder why a "legal opinion" has the second word as an integral part of the phrase? It reminds me of the "practice" of medicine.

I try not to think about it all that much, cause that also makes my head hurt.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever wonder why a "legal opinion" has the second word as an integral part of the phrase? It reminds me of the "practice" of medicine.

I try not to think about it all that much, cause that also makes my head hurt.

When someone who knows the law breaks down a particular law like Colion did, it lays a lot more credibility than someone else trying to make a counter argument based their opinion of the person who was killed. Not to mention Colion prefaced that he made his opinion based on the available evidence. As I said before, unless evidence comes to light that the McMichaels had knowledge that Arbery committed a felony, their actions were the catalyst that caused the chain of events that lead to Arbery's death. If the driver had not stepped out with a shotgun I would be more willing to entertain the thought that Arbery was somewhat at fault for his death. But as soon as the driver came out with a shotgun, even if he didn't point it at Arbery, its a display of force while trying to illegally detain Arbery. They were the aggressor, they were in the wrong and ultimately they are responsible for the outcome.

Can a jury find them innocent? Hell yeah, a jury let OJ off, so anything can happen. Do I put their chances good at being cleared? No, in fact I put it at slim.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...if...this was a court of law...and I was on the jury with all presented.....

Those two men will be facing old sparky ....For Murder 1

This is not the Baby Crayon ... G. Zimmerman case where it is clear.

They had No Reason to detain him.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When someone who knows the law breaks down a particular law like Colion did, it lays a lot more credibility than someone else trying to make a counter argument based their opinion of the person who was killed. Not to mention Colion prefaced that he made his opinion based on the available evidence. As I said before, unless evidence comes to light that the McMichaels had knowledge that Arbery committed a felony, their actions were the catalyst that caused the chain of events that lead to Arbery's death. If the driver had not stepped out with a shotgun I would be more willing to entertain the thought that Arbery was somewhat at fault for his death. But as soon as the driver came out with a shotgun, even if he didn't point it at Arbery, its a display of force while trying to illegally detain Arbery. They were the aggressor, they were in the wrong and ultimately they are responsible for the outcome.

Can a jury find them innocent? Hell yeah, a jury let OJ off, so anything can happen. Do I put their chances good at being cleared? No, in fact I put it at slim.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, just the same as everyone else, but it's just that, an opinion. Any attempt to paint it otherwise is futile, cause it just ain't so.

Nobody in this thread knows jack **** about this incident other than what they've seen in a short video clip, on the news or on the youtubes, for cryin' out loud. Yeah, I bet several appeals courts depend on the youtubes for the legal basis of their rulings too.

The fact that some people have chosen which of these two hills they want to die on with no more factual information than that is just beyond me. This is why the court of public opinion has no legal standing in the justice system.

Ya'll carry on though.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting info on the dad involved.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Ex-detective-charged-in-death-of-Ahmaud-Arbery-15269309.php

The former police detective whose actions in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia were defended as a citizen's arrest was stripped of his law enforcement certification and power to arrest a year before the deadly encounter, according to personnel records acquired by The Washington Post.

Gregory McMichael's certification was suspended in February 2019 after repeated failures to complete required training, according to documents from the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office, including a warning in 2014 that McMichael had neglected to finish mandatory firearms and use-of-force courses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom