Aiming issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took both my guns to the range today. M&P 9 Pro and Taurus 709 Slim. I carry the Taurus and use the MP for competitions and HD.

Shooting them side by side is interesting. My groups with the Pro are dead center nails. It is a delight to shoot. The groups with the 709 are consistently low and left by about 5-6 inches, sometimes more.

Now the trigger isn't nearly as nice on the Taurus of course, but I'm wondering if I need to adjust the sites on the Taurus a bit or if it can all be chalked up to bad technique. If I were grouping the same on the M&P I could buy that.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

B

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i would think if your groupings are fine with the S&W and your using the same grip and technique back to back with the taurus then i would chlalk that up to needing a sight adjustment.

otherwise i'll take the S&W and you can work on your technique with the taurus:thumbup3:

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be the sights are off but not likely. It would be my guess that it is technique especially with a harder trigger pull. Dont shoot the M&P focus on a smooth and steady press on the 709 also let someone else shoot it that is usually a good sign of whether sights are off.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My groups with the Pro are dead center nails. It is a delight to shoot. The groups with the 709 are consistently low and left by about 5-6 inches, sometimes more.

B

I was getting the same result with my Slim after shooting good groups with my 1911. Before I adjusted the sights on the Taurus, I ran a few rounds using a bench rest. The groups were dead on. I know the trigger is what it is, so I just kept practicing.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With my experience, having owned both a M&P 9 Pro and a Taurus 24/7 Pro, (yeah, I know they are of different calliber and such) until recently, but like you said, For me the M&P was dead on target and the Taurus was not. For the the Taurus shot several inches low at 15 to 20 yards. And I also shot a friends Taurus Millenium Pro and it shot low for me too.

After this experience, I have the idea in my head that the Taurus pistols shoot low from the point of aim. At least when in my hands they do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom