Ruger SFAR w/ Vortex 1-8x24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to finally get to the range yesterday. The night before I mounted the Vortex using the Real Avid Optic mount setup
( LEVEL-RIGHT PRO - MASTER GRADE PRECISION RETICLE LEVEL )
My first shot at 50 yards was about 3 inches low and right. Made a few adjustments and within 8 or 9 rounds I was center mass and about an inch high. Overall the rifle is VERY smooth shooting with little recoil or muzzle rise. It had zero issues.
Now I just need to figure out the placement of the scope for the correct eye relief. I also want to order a bi-pod for it. Probably the Magpul M-Lok.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures.
Highly recommend the SFAR and the Vortex. It is a great combination.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1127.jpeg

Been loving mine and the sig 1-6 on top.

Very solid rifle setup!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked one of these up recently, so me and my son can both have 308's to hunt hogs. I'll use my Armalite. The Ruger feels quiiiiite a bit lighter than the Armalite. I've only tested a few different types of ammo so far, but the initial results were the Sig Venari SP 150 gr shot a little over 1/2" and the hornady amax 168 gr shot about 3/4". We went with the vortex diamonback 4-12x40, but currently it has the thermal on it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@MilitantBEEMER

Did you go with the 16” or 20”?

Also, have heard on some other boards that accuracy, even with high quality ammo and handloads, has not been great. Can you tell us if your’s is repeatable?

Very interested in this rifle, as I don’t own a .308. But I want as light weight as possible.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@MilitantBEEMER

Did you go with the 16” or 20”?

Also, have heard on some other boards that accuracy, even with high quality ammo and handloads, has not been great. Can you tell us if your’s is repeatable?

Very interested in this rifle, as I don’t own a .308. But I want as light weight as possible.
I went with the 16” and used standard military load 308. At 50 yards it was very repeatable. I was not able to stretch out any further this time. I will push out to 100 and 200 on my next trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom