Air Force General Faces Courts Martial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont get the woman's reference to the movie "Love Actually" In the phone call. I have never seen the movie. Has anyone seen that movie and might understand the reference?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article:

"As part of the work the brother and sister-in-law asked Cooley to do, the trio visited the brother and sister-in-law's marriage counselor. They also asked Cooley for a written apology and to pay about $900 to cover their costs for therapy, legal fees for working with a lawyer on a statement about what happened and the bourbon he drank at the party."

If this paragraph is accurate, there's an odd requirement or two. As they say in Star Wars fan circles... "It's a trap!!"

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am as interested in the point that he is the first Air Force general EVER to be court martialed.

NO AF General before him ever did anything in violation of the UCMJ? No general officer has ever done anything wrong before him?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am as interested in the point that he is the first Air Force general EVER to be court martialed.

NO AF General before him ever did anything in violation of the UCMJ? No general officer has ever done anything wrong before him?

When I was in bird colonels and generals, especially if they had like 24-25 years or more, were given the opportunity to retire or face court marshal. Looks like they are making an exception for this guy. Or maybe they made the offer and he chose to face the judge.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just me, but I don’t see it as a military issue unless the complaining party was also military.

I agree there have been problems like this between military members and have lead to Non-judicial punishment or discharge. In some cases the brig or prison.

The article stated the incident happened several years ago, which begs the question, why bring it up now? Why wasn’t it reported when it happened? Was it investigated by the OSI?

It also said it was his sister in law. Why didn’t he and his brother handle the problem behind closed doors or in the backyard?

I think there’s more to the story.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom