Alarm company woke me up early

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6:00 this morning we got a call from the alarm company that the alarm was going off at the Gun Store.

Not the kind of thing that you like to wake up to.

After getting dressed and running down to the store we beat the police there, after a wait of about 3 or 4 minutes the first of the police showed up and drove around the back of the building to check out the back while I stayed out front.

There was no entry that could be found but it was my back alarm that caused the alarm.

When another officer showed up they went through the building and checked the ceiling but found nothing so we dont know exactly what set it off unless someone was pounding on the back door enough to set it off.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not related but yesterday morning about 5:00 A.M. I was checking an order on my computer when I heard 8 distinct gunshots about a block from my house which means it was about a block west of your store. My wife called the police to check the property ( she manages a storage facility where we live) and the officer said 2 other people repoted hearing it also.
If you ever get an alarm and need help or need me to go take a quick look at odd hours you can give me a call, I am used to getting up at all hours.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old buddy up north has has the bars and doors boosted at the back of his shop twice in ten years.
Last time.... They got 30 guns. All but 6 were recovered in a week 3 people are doing state and Federal time.

He's got a double door in back now... And concrete barriers front and back to discourage smashing into the building with ccars

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a fun way to wake up! Glad everything is ok... let's hope it was just the wind, it's been blowing a gale.

Keep in mind too that sometimes crooks will make a test run to see how things work and who shows up and how quickly, etc... they did this to my brother in law's store once about a week before they actually broke in for real.

Latest posts

Top Bottom