All the ammo you could want...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can, as I did, fly with said ammo in checked luggage.

Bulk pack (loose) in the box is not permitted, per FAA regs. Only ammo in factory containers where the rounds are individually secured are allowed. If you flew with bulk pack loose ammo in your luggage and got away with it, consider yourself lucky.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bulk pack (loose) in the box is not permitted, per FAA regs. Only ammo in factory containers where the rounds are individually secured are allowed. If you flew with bulk pack loose ammo in your luggage and got away with it, consider yourself lucky.

According to this site:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1666.shtm
it doesn't say anything about bulk ammo. It says it has to be securely packed in fiber, wood, or metal boxes which are specifically designed to carry ammo. I'd say that factory boxes are, in fact, designed to carry ammo. Is there some other info or regulations elsewhere that specifically prohibits bulk???

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to this site:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1666.shtm
it doesn't say anything about bulk ammo. It says it has to be securely packed in fiber, wood, or metal boxes which are specifically designed to carry ammo. I'd say that factory boxes are, in fact, designed to carry ammo. Is there some other info or regulations elsewhere that specifically prohibits bulk???

After doing some research, I stand corrected. I had been led to believe that the rounds had to individually secured, they do not. Loose in the box bulk pack .22 ammo is allowed, so long as it remains in the original manufacturers box.

Individual airline rules that are more stringent than the FAA 11 pound limit still apply. Check with your air carrier before transporting ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom