And so it begins... NY Man arrested for having "too many rounds in his magazine"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Mr. Colion Noir's page (link to original article on his page):

So, this guy was arrested after a traffic stop because his gun contained two more rounds than the seven allowed in the state of New York. Think about that for a second. You’re driving along minding your own business when you’re pulled over for a faulty license place light. Next thing you know you’re in jail because the gun you were legally in possession of was loaded with the number of bullets the gun was designed to hold.

http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/gun-control/new-york-permit-holder-arrested-for-having-too-many-bullets/

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not likely to survive a serious court challenge.......hard to enforce laws retroactively. However, I suspect it will take a serious court challenge and pretty deep pockets

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They know the laws in NY, if they don't like it, they can leave, and that will make the biggest statement, because they will start to lose out on tax dollars. It will take more than just a few people leaving though to make a difference. Thankfully, you still have a choice of where you live, and there is still a choice of locations to live where they aren't complete Nazi's....YET.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People should not have to leave their homes because of unconstitutional laws. I hope this guys challenges the law and that some gun rights groups will help support the legal challenge.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he should have to leave either, but then again, he also knew the law. It's one of those things. We can say it's unjust, unconstitutional, etc, but so is a lot of other things. It is THEIR elected officials though that did this. I don't think you'd see anyone in Oklahoma elected that would do anything of the sort. You don't take a stand by getting yourself thrown in jail, because then you are the fool sitting in jail. Everyone is getting screwed from this though, one way or another.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Illegal is illegal...unless its unconstitutional. This case is worth a challenge in court but is by no means an easy win.
BTW - if I was the police officer I'd be ashamed to admit I inventoried his rounds in magazine.

Last edited:

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People should not have to leave their homes because of unconstitutional laws. I hope this guys challenges the law and that some gun rights groups will help support the legal challenge.

This is one of the reason states end up like California and New York, good people leaving because of too many fruits and nuts.

I remember a time when good people stood up for their rights even when it meant being wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom