Angelina Jolie in 2020?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.businessinsider.com/angelina-jolie-hints-run-for-president-2018-12

Angelina Jolie dropped a big hint that she might move into politics and run for president.

Speaking on Friday on BBC Radio 4's "Today" program, which she guest-edited, Jolie said she would have dismissed the idea 20 years ago but that she would now go where she is "needed."

When the program's host, Justin Webb, said he had put her on a list of Democrats who might run in 2020, Jolie laughed and said, "Thank you."

Jolie, a special envoy for the United Nations' refugee agency and campaigns against sexual violence, said she would stay quiet "for now" because she feels she can "get a lot done without a title."
She said her work had given her some relevant experience.

"I'm also able to work with governments, and I'm also able to work with militaries, and so I sit in a very interesting place of being able to get a lot done without a title and without it being about myself or my policies," she said.

Read more: An early look at the 2020 presidential contenders

But she also said her attitude had changed over time.

"I don't know if I'm fit for politics, but then I've also joked that I don't know if I have a skeleton left in my closet — I'm pretty open and out there, and I can take a lot on the chin," she said. "So that's good. But I honestly will do whatever I think can really make change."

Jolie will be an executive producer of a new BBC-run global English-language news program for children set to premiere in 2019.

Jolie said it was important to her that the project would be global and "help young people in different countries to be connected to each other and to have greater awareness and understanding of the news on an international basis."

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I don't know if I'm fit for politics, but then I've also joked that I don't know if I have a skeleton left in my closet — I'm pretty open and out there, and I can take a lot on the chin," she said. "So that's good. But I honestly will do whatever I think can really make change."

Not even going to touch that one...…..

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not even going to touch that one...…..
BAHAHAHA!!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C78F7EBA-C08B-438B-B63A-AD0CA11B0538.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom