Another family member shot as intruder story!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another sad story of a guy accidently shooting a family member thinking them to be a intruder. My question would be.. if you are staying in a hotel room with your adult son.. why would you not make sure it wasn't him coming through the door before shooting? If you have your gun in your hand and are aiming at the person... demand he stop and ask who he is.. you get the wrong answer... then shoot him.

Rochester man shoots and kills son in Old Forge motel
Published: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 4:24 PM Updated: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
By Robert A. Baker, The Post-Standard The Post-Standard

Old Forge, NY -- A Rochester man staying in a motel in Old Forge shot and killed his son early this morning thinking his son was an intruder, state police said today.

Michael Leach, 59, an officer with the Parry Police Department in Wyoming County, called 911 at 12:51 a.m. from the Clark Beach Motel to say that he just shot someone he thought was an intruder, troopers said.

Instead of an intruder, Leach shot and killed his son, Matthew S. Leach, 37, of 23 S. Heppler St., Rochester, troopers said.

Leach used his department-issued .45-caliber Glock handgun in the shooting, troopers said. He was taken to St. Luke's Hospital, Utica, after the shooting for what troopers described as a "medical issue."

Troopers are continuing to investigate the shooting.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/rochester_man_shoots_and_kills.html

Last edited:

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father taught me to always yell out "Identify yourself!!" A family member is going to say it's me Dad or Honey it's just me. Even if it was a friend in trouble, they are going to identify if they are there legitimately.

Jeff

Latest posts

Top Bottom