Another GamCam thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm hunting the Seminole area; first time hunting in Oklahoma in a long time. My brother has 40 acres and two horse and the adjacent land is 100 acres with a few dozen head of cattle(which I haven't scouted, but have permission to hunt). I decided to opt for my brother's property this year, because I know it. I was worried about the horses and deer competing for feed, but I put a game cam up two weeks ago(no feed) to see what was coming through. Luckily there were zero pics of horses(looks like they tend stay on the other side of the property), but that may change after I start putting feed down. I have seen does numbering 4-6 running across parts of his place, but never seen a buck. Unfortunately, there wasn't much doe activity where I put the cam(one or two sightings), but there certainly was some activity. These guys are a little too young, but if I don't see a doe I may take a shot at that older buck. I got pics basically every day or every other day(mostly the bucks) until the snow hit, then nothing, then started getting more pics. I hope to see something tomorrow(I'll be out with my bow and put down a little apple corn tonight), but the rain may keep them bedded down or somewhere else. Anywho, here is what you came for...

6HsRRJwRMCZJWWMg53MHZuDgqdz7spRro5S0QHVZy20=w933-h525-no

QuFGcZNZsNO9RgKqe389lS8w5LLww2_qsHXGFPUlNyM=w933-h525-no

STC_0056.JPG

STC_0083.JPG

STC_0085.JPG

STC_0086.JPG

STC_0151.JPG

What do you guys think? Let em go and wait for the doe? Not going to take a shot on the younger ones, but am on the fence about the older buck.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bucks need to walk unless your neighbors wholesale kill anything with antlers. I have an area with neighbors like that, and I don't hunt it.

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not many hunters in this area. The cam is north facing south. The land south is oilfield land that no one hunts and the land north is the land I have permission to hunt and no one else hunts. I am not sure about the neighbors west but most of the neighbors east don't hunt either. My original plan was to take a doe unless I saw a nice buck, but that 8 point is still a little young. Next year I plan on putting in a food plot in that opening and having a blind on the north and south side so I can get a decent position depending on wind.

My biggest concern is that there isn't much activity when the weather is bad, but it looks like the rain is past so hopefully I'll see something tomorrow morning.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol... Ya ya ya. There is a 4, a 6, and an 8. I was referring to the 8, even though he is still pretty young he looks to be the older buck of the bunch.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Like said above, I'd let them all walk. This time of the year, the next time you hunt, you may have two different bucks whose home area is a mile away come through that are three times that size.........you never know right now what will show up. Good luck!

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No luck this morning, but I did discover that the horses found the corn last night(they left the area alone for two weeks and went straight to it after I put a little down). They ate the small pile and did a good job of stomping the spread out corn into the mud. Didn't have time to stay longer, but I'll be out next weekend trying again, with a lot more time to spare.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted an area with horses for a couple of years...they find that corn really quick..LOL

They learn jsut like anything...they see your vehicle coming and you're like the pied piper.

: )

Latest posts

Top Bottom