Another sig 365 variant ! Hooray! (but why?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listening to the Gresham podcast and he was just gushing over the fact that Sig is introducing the 365 fuse -- which sounds darn close to full size

My 365 experience is shooting the original 10 round sub compact model and my reaction was merely - "its ok - but my g26 is not going anywhere"

Whats the strategy, or endgame? I feel like the P series are the finest pistols in their respective categories, and they have the 320 , which has a ton of different options as well , so unless its a budget gun - and i really doubt it is - whats the point

seriously - actually curious for any of you with experience with the bigger 365 variants

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
full size with slim 1" P365 format
longer barrel & site radius
one 17 round flush mag & two factory 21 round extended
fancy grip texture
flared magwell
optic ready
etc.
etc.
etc.

1719868696784.png

Me want one.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fuse is listed at 25oz., The 320 M17 is 29 oz and a Sig 229 is also 29 oz (capacity difference of 15 vs 17 though with stock magazines) --

but bigger weight advantage over a 226 which is 34 oz for the MK 25 variant

The weight difference i suppose is enough to justify but i thought it would be more than 4 ounces. OF course, and thankfully, as buyers of guns - we dont need any justification whatsoever

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listening to the Gresham podcast and he was just gushing over the fact that Sig is introducing the 365 fuse -- which sounds darn close to full size

My 365 experience is shooting the original 10 round sub compact model and my reaction was merely - "its ok - but my g26 is not going anywhere"

Whats the strategy, or endgame? I feel like the P series are the finest pistols in their respective categories, and they have the 320 , which has a ton of different options as well , so unless its a budget gun - and i really doubt it is - whats the point

seriously - actually curious for any of you with experience with the bigger 365 variants
I would like to try one just to see how it feels and shoots in my hands though I always wonder if you can trust a sig pistol. (And yes, the DOD may have a contract but so did the colt 1911s around 2017 and I watched multiple of them fail and fall apart so woopty do to govt contracts)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to try one just to see how it feels and shoots in my hands though I always wonder if you can trust a sig pistol. (And yes, the DOD may have a contract but so did the colt 1911s around 2017 and I watched multiple of them fail and fall apart so woopty do to govt contracts)

The P365 has a different system than the P320.
The Fuse is likely to end up in some agency holsters. And I always appreciate more options than less in the gun market. With a threaded barrel, I could see this being an HD pistol for me.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The series 80 Cerakoted Tan CQB 1911 that was issued to the USMC around 2012. Not to be confused with the MEUSOC 1911s of ancient days.

Because i'm a Fudd, i still want one ! 🤣

Come to think of it, this thread suggests some FUDD tendencies as well -- "whay are they making such and such when the P226 and P229 work just fine!?"

maybe true , but could be a bit like a car guy saying -- "Why is Chevrolet bothering with a new Corvette? - my '72 Stingray works just fine"

Latest posts

Top Bottom