Another WTF thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So both of my daughters are public school teachers in a small ghetto town here in rural Oklahoma. My oldest teaches kindergarten and my baby teaches high school.

They both tell me some of the most godawful, gut wrenching stories of these kids and their upbringings, and it just drives you to a plethora of emotions. I can't help but look back at my life as a kid and realize how blessed I really was.

I thought I had just about heard it all, but today, my oldest grandson (he's 12/7th grade) told me something that he experienced today, and it absolutely floored me...

Therapy circle. :faint:

He and other students in his class sat in a circle, facing each other and were asked questions like...

Have you ever smoked or vaped?
Are you currently a smoker/vaper?
Do you ever drink alcohol?
Have you ever been intoxicated?

And several others. My question is...why does the teacher/school need to know this? Granted, this is not the type of behavior that preteens should be engaging in, but shouldn't this be the parents jobs to regulate their own kids? Of course, most parents don't give two sh!ts about their kids nowadays, so maybe the teachers are the only shred of hope this generation has.

Maybe I'm over thinking this whole thing, I dunno. We didn't have this kind of bullsh!t when I was in school. But times were WAY different then.
Woke Crap Needs gone from schools.. Paddling and Bookwork reinstated

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in my day we did the "none of your business" line for regular kids, and the kids that were acting up got meetings with the principal. Those meetings culminated with "Either your kid shapes up or he/she will be your problem every day for the rest of the year" because they're expelled.. That seemed to work in most cases.
I think today part of the problem is that we're taking too much responsibility FROM the parent in the name of "saving da kidz" instead of putting it back on them.

Some people need to be told that this problem is YOUR problem before you do anything about it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
personally I think they are trying to help the kids. if yall don't know, this **** is rampant through the schools. Tobacco use is a crime and just like when we were kids, there is always an adult that will buy it for them. Vape effects their learning ability, so whether it is there biz or not is not the issue, Maybe just maybe it helps one kid stop doing it, then it is worth it. Vape is highly addictive just like any concentrated material is more so.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to school long enough ago we had a student smoking are at the high school.
In the junior high it was Smoking in the boys room.

We also didn’t have a closed campus so not many are at school.
Yep Jr High it was across the street on the corner. Highschool it was in the breezeway between buildings.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several family members that are/were foster parents. The horrific things that some of those kids have been through is enough to make you want to head over to the biological parent’s home and give them a permanent dirt nap. They’re evil. Who knows how many troubled kids in schools are just a part of the system. Sad for sure

Latest posts

Top Bottom