Anti-tank weapons in checked baggage, questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never really thought about having to declare these as firearms in your checked baggage at the airport.
I’m guessing that’s a real thing.

“A bazooka-like weapon powerful enough to take down a military tank was seized from a passenger’s checked baggage in Texas because the traveler had failed to declare the weapon to authorities, the Transportation Security Administration said.

The 84 mm caliber anti-tank rifle was discovered Monday by TSA screeners checking bags at San Antonio International Airport, the agency tweeted.

The firearm is similar to an M3 Carl Gustaf and can be legally owned in the Lone Star State, although it requires an extensive background check.”

https://nypost.com/2023/01/17/anti-tank-weapon-seized-from-passenger-at-texas-airport/

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McCarran airport is a hoot if you are ever flying out of there after SHOT show ends. I once saw a guy arguing with TSA because he had a PVS14 in his carryon and the agent had to run it through the scanner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom