Anwar al-Awlaki Killed In Yemen Air Strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And whimsical fantasy is held by those who believe that the Constitution protects them from those in power. It's a Utopian fantasy that has began decaying since the day after it came into being. Like Communism, people seem to think that if we just get the right people in there, it'll all be good. Unless angels are elected, it's not going to happen.

You're correct in that I freely choose to live in the US. I knew what I was getting when I got here. I'm here for the weather mostly. Freedom doesn't exist here (or anywhere for that matter) so that really wasn't a factor in my choice. So what's your reason for staying?

Who said I'm staying? :)

Freedom exists wherever you are alone and unencumbered. The moment you interact with another human being, your freedom is curtailed. That is, unless you're a pure sociopath. No political construct created by man will ever be perfect, nor will it last eternally. The very dissatisfaction that plagues humankind will ensure that it is eventually destroyed. I would posit that without the COTUS, America wouldn't even be around today, much less be a subject of such frenzied debate by the internet cognoscenti!

BTW, there are may countries with far better weather. :)

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is what it comes down to? Personal attacks? You're now in the compay of JBBooks & PurpleHaze. I'm sure this violates the forum's TOS. So it goes...

Have you even seen Goldmember? That wasn't a personal attack by any stretch. If you're so thin skinned that you can't take a little good natured ribbing then I won't lose any sleep based on what "company" you assign me to.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, they are. They are rationally concluding that their vote by itself has no real potential to tip the scale.

The very power numbers that you posted are exact measures of how much potential they have at doing such a thing. A number doesn't equal zero simply because it is small. They can say that they have a very small chance, but by the mathematical definition of rational they cannot claim to have zero or "no" chance. Someone can be as jaded as they want, but there's always a potential with a value greater than zero when you exercise your right to vote. Their failure to understand the laws of mathematics does not excuse the fact that they are acting irrationally from a mathematical perspective.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does Congressman Paul think we should have let him be since he was at one time a citizen? I wonder if he thinks we should have gone after him at all? If this sort of airstrike was unacceptable, should we have risked more soldiers to go and arrest him? Should we have let another nation arrest him? What sort of budget would we have been operating under for a US Citizen trial?

More proof, in my opinion, that Paul has too many important things backwards.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they are. They are rationally concluding that their vote by itself has no real potential to tip the scale.

If every election were decided within a few votes, then everyone would feel their vote was more important. In Oklahoma, we're not a very hotly contested area. Most of our national elections have a significant margin between the winner and looser. Each vote is still statistically important. Without a wide margin, you give hope to the other side that they have a chance to win. :)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because you're one of those freaky deaky dutch. Yes...I referenced Goldmember.

And this is what it comes down to? Personal attacks? You're now in the compay of JBBooks & PurpleHaze. I'm sure this violates the forum's TOS. So it goes...

dutch it was a good natured joke. Dont start getting butt hurt folks its a good dicussion.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The very power numbers that you posted are exact measures of how much potential they have at doing such a thing. A number doesn't equal zero simply because it is small. They can say that they have a very small chance, but by the mathematical definition of rational they cannot claim to have zero or "no" chance. Someone can be as jaded as they want, but there's always a potential with a value greater than zero when you exercise your right to vote. Their failure to understand the laws of mathematics does not excuse the fact that they are acting irrationally from a mathematical perspective.

It is possible to rationally draw irrational conclusions.

I wonder if he thinks we should have gone after him at all? If this sort of airstrike was unacceptable, should we have risked more soldiers to go and arrest him? Should we have let another nation arrest him?

I think his vote on September 14, 2001 says enough.

It doesn't matter what comes out of a politician's lips. What matters is how that politician votes.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think his vote on September 14, 2001 says enough.

It doesn't matter what comes out of a politician's lips. What matters is how that politician votes.

That's another reason he's sliding in my opinion. He wants people to think that he is differnet, but his actions show otherwise. His comments about cutting the AC off to the soldier's tents proved that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom