Any boat people in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Acid based cleaners will definitely help, but to do your work justice you're gonna have to buff it too. The acid will "put a dent" in it but won't totally eliminate the blotchyness.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are exactly right. I tried the acid and it did little cleaning that I could see. Then I went over it with a buffer with some agressive polish and that made it look like a mirror.
Let me ask you this.
Do I need to use the acid before I buff it or can I just buff it? It seems like the area I used the acid on buffed out a lot quicker but I only buffed a small spot is far. I need to run and get some more polish.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.starbrite.com/item/ultimate-aluminum-cleaner-restorer?category_id=565

I wanted to post this picture of how well this stuff cleaned off years of stain from my Tracker. I think the previous owner never even washed this tin and after 13 years it had a lot of stains and oxidation.

I tried several different cleaners including compounds with my buffer. And nothing compares to this Starbrite. You spray it and let it set for up to 5 minutes and you hose it off with water. You can scrub it with a synthetic pad, but I'm not sure how much that helps. It may take a couple applications, but you can see the dramatic difference and cleaning power this stuff has.

This dirty area in the picture was above my just recarpeted fender guards and I was using it sparingly not to damage them. It is hard to believe how dirty the boat was.
I found this at my local Walmart for less than $20 for 64 ounces. I probably used 20 ounces to clean the entire Pro175.

IMG_0555.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom