Any Charter Arms users out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a search here and found precious little discussion on this USA manufacturer. Hopefully there are a few shooters who use a Charter Arms revolver and would like to compare notes.

My home protection includes a CA Target Bulldog .357 from the Stratford, CT era - around 1978 - I use 38 Specials on the range but keep hand-loaded .357s in her at the hacienda.

For grins I just ordered a Crimson Trace Laser grip for the Bulldog. News at 10.

LL

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a .44 Special Bulldog that I inherited. It is pitted from neglect, but completely reliable and a straight shooter. I keep it loaded in my safe, and carry it when I think I could lose custody of my weapon for some reason. Great little gun, just have other carry and home defense pieces I prefer.

Surprisingly pleasant to shoot.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been around Charter a little bit but it was a long time ago. It was a .38 Undercover and I felt it was a decent little revolver. Can't speak for their modern stuff though since I don't have any experience with them.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned several and they were all solid, serviceable guns. The Bulldog (.44 spl) and Pug (.357 mag) seem to be the most valued models.
They aren't Smiths but they cost a lot less

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife has an early model Undercover. She loves it! I had one but traded it for a Taurus Lite. Both are/were great little .38's Also have a Charter Pathfinder .22 with 3" bbl. It's a straight shooting little pistol.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In the last 20 years or so, I've had 3 Bulldogs. Good little guns, just kind of "rough". A friend once described it as a S&W is built by a gunsmith, a Charter Arms is built by a blacksmith. Still for many years, my 3" stainless 44 Bulldog was my "bedside" gun. I wish I hadn't sold it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom