Any interest in a one day 1911 specific class?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This wouldnt be a shooting class really but a class on everything that has to do with 1911's. What makes them run and not run. From gunsmiths to end users. I have a guy that is coming down to take one and I am curious if we would have any response if we offered this as a course. It would be a one day course I think. Again I just putting this out as a thought. Right now there is no plan to schedule something like this. Thanks and let me know your thoughts.

Edit** It could be a one day class or a two day class with shooting. Kevin Toothman is our gunsmith He builds some amazing custom 1911's and is a hell of a shot as well. Having him explain what makes a good 1911, what to look for when and if you have a malfunction. Again, this is just a feeler.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
what would be the price for a class like this?

Typically our one day classes are $195. Im not sure about this one though since there is no range time involved. I actually would like to make it 4 hours of classroom/gunsmithing stuff, and 4 hours of range time. My bosses are reviewing this idea this week and if it shows some interest I hope to have a cost. I know there are tons of 1911 shooters who know very little about the specifics of that weapon system. Let me know your ideas and thoughts. You wont hurt my feelings..:cry3:

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id be interested if it covered basic tuning, reliability, and maintnance. I don't need to build a race gun but would like to tun my extractor, check lug lock up etc.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok. It is for sure happening one time. I have a customer coming in from Florida to take it. He is paying for it for himself regardless if anyone else does it. If I get 4 people besides him cost will be $165 each. Its 8hrs and very thorough. You will have access to one of the best 1911 smiths out there. If I can get a total of 10 people cost will be $120 each. If I get 10 they will look at doing this on a regular basis. I will get more information on what the class will cover and post a new thread in this section. You only have to pay for half up front and the rest when it happens. So If i get 4 people then $82.50 locks your seat in. Let me know your thoughts and what all you would like to see in it. The date is 8/21/2010

Latest posts

Top Bottom