1911 Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwj

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just returned from Double D Arms in Stillwater. Had David tune a recent 1911 acquisition of mine. Greatly appreciated his insight and conservative recommendations on what he felt the 1911 needed based on my use. I would certainly recommend David for any gunsmith tasks and will certainly use him again.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just returned from Double D Arms in Stillwater. Had David tune a recent 1911 acquisition of mine. Greatly appreciated his insight and conservative recommendations on what he felt the 1911 needed based on my use. I would certainly recommend David for any gunsmith tasks and will certainly use him again.

What work did he do?

Johnwj

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And where are the pics?
No pics El Pablo. David did some light stoning work to some of the internals and "softened" up the action. Trigger pull down from about an even 5lbs to 4.5lbs which is perfect for me. We discussed some spring changes but decided I would put several hundred more rounds down range before changing anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom