Any issues storing guns for a friend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My friend's truck is stored in my barn while he is in Korea, he also left 2ea 1911's in my safe. I am not worried one bit about any of them, and if something does happen to the farm and they are ruined or lost, then we have bigger issues than accountability.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At one time, I was holding $300 in gold coins for my in-laws while they were transitioning from one house to the next. The IRS scares me more than the BATFE, but as long as I can explain the my possession, I'm happy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's stepdad is in dire straights. We have spent the last two months on weekends going to nursing homes and ICU's. He goes between both with beginning dementia and multiple other ailments.
He owns 8 guns, and is in no mental capability to do anything with them.
I don't want them in my safes, and the solution was to buy a lock set for a spare bedroom to put the guns and personal information into a spare bedroom, and lock it with only his wife having a key. I took pics of all the guns, and the SN's if they had one. Some real old guns didn't have them. The house is being used as temp living area for out of town relatives and we didn't know if they were going through personal things or not, but suspect so.
This was our solution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom