Any Jeep guys in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Daughter has an 07' JK 2D 6sp with 210k miles on it, original engine, lots of oil changes. Finally spent a little money on it this last summer. New cats, O2 sensors, plugs, wires, coil, injectors, cam-shaft position sensor, water pump, front u-joints. It's been reliable for the most part.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a ‘94 Wrangler to pull behind the RV and use around town. It had 160,000 on it when I bought it. Still seems to be solid. Once I pulled the aggressive off-road tires off of it I like it a lot more for my use.

One of our nephews had a really tricked out Jeep, and he and a friend out of New Mexico would get together up around Colorado and do some off-roading. One year, we were up doing the Alpine Loop at at one of the stops they saw two standard (not tricked) Jeep Patriots doing the same loop. His friend from New Mexico got on the CB and told my nephew that they didn't need to spend so much to trick out their rides.

Nephew's Jeep.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Wrangler SE. Use it for top down spring and fall cruising around the local lakes. It’s been parked most of the last couple years. Put 166 miles on it the last 12 months.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love driving my Jeep. It’s an 03 wrangler. I’ve put a bunch of money into the suspension and steering in the last year. It drives great now!!! I got a 5 speed nv3550 in it. Wish I had a spare for you.

IMG_0760.jpeg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 2014 Wrangler sport that I enjoyed. What I didn't enjoy is the $3K worth of transmission controller replacement and the fact that it almost stranded me coming back from Eureka Springs. Add to that the fact that it wasn't really suited to towing even a small camper and it had to go. I would love to have another Jeep in the future, but it will only be a toy, not a daily driver.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love driving my Jeep. It’s an 03 wrangler. I’ve put a bunch of money into the suspension and steering in the last year. It drives great now!!! I got a 5 speed nv3550 in it. Wish I had a spare for you.

View attachment 412303

Thanks, the NV3550s are hard to locate. It’s just a reverse synchronizer. I found a transmission guy that is the guru on standard transmissions. So it will be fixed in a week with new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and slave cylinder too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom