Any thoughts on Taurus .40 Slim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Doc Holiday

I bought the slim in 9mm. It was the gun that made me decide to never own another Taurus. I had a PT111 that had a horrible trigger and feeding problems. I bought the slim after that. It felt great and was very easy to carry. The trigger was horrible. The first mag had a ftf. I had two more in 50 rounds of ammo. Shoot one first and make sure you like it, before you buy one.

I've owned a couple Taurus models myself, and would never trust my life with them.

Ditto on the 9mm comment. With modern ammo, it is just as effective as anything else. Shot placement is what matters. 9mm is much cheaper to practice with.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hardly ever hear anything good about Taurus but the one I had worked just perfectly. A cop friend of mine who owns a wheel barrel full of defensive handguns, loves Taurus and has about every one they make including the Slim. With that said, I had a Kahr CW9 and was extremely impressed with its quality and it was perfectly reliable. I would recommend the Kahr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom