Any y’all wearing fingernail “polish”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole point of Bunsen burners is that they're not uncontrolled flames...
As I remember the ones use in my chemistry class there was a little knob on the side to control the flame with a lab grade mercury thermometer in the vessel to monitor the temps that required removing and monitoring the temps.
Still have one of the laboratory grade thermometers out in the shop to check out and verify the PID controller I used to control the central heat unit out there on channel 1. I'm kind of a tech nerd that over does what a common thermostat on the wall does, because I can with the controller surplus to the company and given to me with another channel that controls the heat in my forge. Range from -100 degrees F to 3000 degrees F. Multiple alarm settings with output relays for control. Another one just like it on the rack if needed for another project.
I have no clue what chemistry classes use now, but you may as I was speculating that technology has advanced in the last 50 years that I had a chemistry class. Still the little knob on the side to control the flame?

Latest posts

Top Bottom