Any Yote Eaters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand it isn't really meat to eat. From the research I have found, that has proven to be true. I was messing with Underpowered in that last post. I may soon have an opportunity to procure my own yotes. If you ever have a specimen that isn't nappy, I would give it a go. From what I understand, that is few and far between.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
aso adobo doesn't smell too bad, never could bring myself to eat it. but I think I would definitely pass on yote as the meat source.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is all about how you prepare the meat, just think about how did the so call domestic animal got that status the first place, they were once wild. only the dumb and slow one got caught and kept in captivity. if you try a properly prepare dish without knowing what it is i almost guarantee that you would like it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys won't eat due to smell??? Have you had wild turkey??? I've tasted (never eaten) coyote. My gramps brothers like it, but they were the type to voluntarily enlist WWII just for some regular meals lol. I remember it being greasy like rich chocolate, but bland in flavor. I didn't care for it. Didn't care for the armadillo, opossum, skunk, dove, or duck either.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not on my favorites list but I would sure eat it in a pinch. Didn't taste as bad as some of the javelina I have had but it is a lot tougher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom