anybody have expierence kahr pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have always been really good guns for me. I have owned / own the following:
P9
PM9
P9covert (awesome)
P40
and a K9
I would love to have the all black P45, it looks good.
You may find that when chambering a round it will nose dive. You need to sling shot the slide on first round chamber (pull back and let go) they have very tight tolerance from the factory and it relies on that force to chamber the first round. Also note that on slide lock (empty mag slide to the rear) you will need to eject the mag to lower the slide. They are designed to be extremely hard to lower the slide on an empty mag. Some things that you may not know:
The differences between the CW and P/K series guns (P is polymer and K are steel)
The CW has staked sights, not dove tailed like the others and as of now no night sights are made for them. The CW has some MIM parts. The CW is not as "refined" as the P/K series as far as rounding off rough sharp parts and it has a basic slide marking. The CW only comes with one mag. Finally, the CW has normal rifeling, the P/K barrels are hex or octagonal like a Glock/H&K. Other than that, they are the same gun so most accessories as far as mags, holsters, etc will work for both. I LOVE the trigger on Kahrs, very long but soft and smooth action. You have to mean to fire it for it to fire. They are very light and extremely accurate. I have small girly hands and the Kahr always feels good. Recoil in the PM and P40 can take some getting use to though. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other specific questions.

okietech

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CW45 and I'm not very happy with it. I just purchased it and have only shop 100 rounds. My problem is the mag drops out every time before the last round. I plan on using it for CCW and don't think I can count on it.

oufree

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a CW9 and it has run like a champ from day one. Not one FTF at all with my reloads or anything factory from Blazer to Federal! I couldn't be anymore happier with mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom