Anybody here had a torn meniscus repaired?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last three knee surgeries I had were done with a spinal block instead of a general anesthetic at my request. Time spent in the recovery room is a bit longer but I swear it sped my overall recovery up.

Nilbog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My doctor told me they really didn't know how long the new materials in the knees would last. They haven't been in use long enough yet. It also will depend on how you use your new knee. Me, I'm going to take it pretty easy from here on.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 7, 2 on the left 5 on the right. They are not bad. The later ones have been harder to recover from due to my age increasing and the fact they have been cut on so many times. The surgery part is a breeze. Go in, take a nap and go home. It will feel pretty good the first day and then all the meds wear off and the pain increases. Tell her just take her time and don't push it till she is ready.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had that done in July of 2014. After the surgery, the doctor told my wife there wasn't hardly any cartilage left and I had arthritis throughout the knee. It was better for about 1 month then got worse. Just had total replacement on May 22, 2015. Sucks. But I'm getting better.
Hope everything goes better for your girlfriend. I had my right knee scoped in 1995 and it is fine still. She will probably be just fine. I'm just one of those lucky ones.

Soo, how is it going for you now? I had a total knee replacement on May 12, 2015. Just started driving again last weekend. Therapy is a biotch sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom