Anyone buying hogs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone knows of someone that might be buying live wild hogs? I have spoken to a guy in Pauls Valley that is buying live hogs, but just wondering if there was anyone else.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Jared, I was thinking they passed something to stop this practice. I knew some one with more knowledge of the law would chime in. Please don't sell these critters, just kill them. As long as hog hunting makes so much money we will never be rid of them.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure that I agree with you completely Jared. I don't see any mention of permits for the swine in the bill. Now the transporter must have a transporter license and the swine can only be transported to certain places...
1. A licensed sporting facility;
2. A licensed breeding facility;
3. A licensed buying station;
4. A licensed gathering station;
5. Directly to an approved market or slaughter facility; or
6. Pursuant to an order issued by the State Veterinarian.

We sell to a licensed sporting facility that charges Texans a hefty fee to come shoot a stupid pig. I see nothing wrong with that. We will never be rid of pigs. So as long as the laws are the way they are, and I'm not breaking the law, I'm going to make a couple of dollars if I can. It is not hurting anyone, or anyone's property. I am removing feral hogs from mine and my neighbor's land, which benefits us both. Those that I don't sell I either eat or kill on site. I sell to someone here in the state trying to make a living, who in return makes a profit off of that pig by selling a hunt on it. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Latest posts

Top Bottom