Anyone buying hogs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure that I agree with you completely Jared. I don't see any mention of permits for the swine in the bill. Now the transporter must have a transporter license and the swine can only be transported to certain places...
1. A licensed sporting facility;
2. A licensed breeding facility;
3. A licensed buying station;
4. A licensed gathering station;
5. Directly to an approved market or slaughter facility; or
6. Pursuant to an order issued by the State Veterinarian.

We sell to a licensed sporting facility that charges Texans a hefty fee to come shoot a stupid pig. I see nothing wrong with that. We will never be rid of pigs. So as long as the laws are the way they are, and I'm not breaking the law, I'm going to make a couple of dollars if I can. It is not hurting anyone, or anyone's property. I am removing feral hogs from mine and my neighbor's land, which benefits us both. Those that I don't sell I either eat or kill on site. I sell to someone here in the state trying to make a living, who in return makes a profit off of that pig by selling a hunt on it. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right!

You are exactly right. You have to have a permit from the dept of Ag to transport. So if your hauling hogs to sell they have to be permitted.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy in Pauls Valley must have a permit, because he goes around and picks up every hog that he buys. From Pauls Valley to Medicine Park, to Ratliff City, to Cache....pretty much all over.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK Jared, I smell what you're steppin in. Yeah, I don't do the transporting. I guess that is up to the transporter and not the seller to get the correct license. I just unload from the trap to his trailer.

I guess I am going to have to start adding a little diesel to my corn to keep the dadgum deer out. I've trapped three deer in the past week. I love the abundance of deer, but they are hovering like flies around my traps!

OAH&GS

New to the site!
Reaction score
We are buying hogs and giving 50 cents per pound. We are a licensed -Category II Sporting Facility located in Wyandotte OK. We also have several licensed transporters.

We'll take any hogs over 60 pounds. Load 'em, weigh 'em, collect your money. It's that easy. Hogs must be trapped. Really don't have much use for dogged hogs. They need to have decent ears, not all chewed up.

Give us a call.

Thanks!
David & Angie
918-678-2439 house
918-314-0430 cell
918-325-0988 cell

Latest posts

Top Bottom