Anyone ever lived in Colorado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like I'm going to be relocating to Colorado before the year is over. Will be working near Greeley, but don't really want to live there due to crazy gang activity. Does anyone have any recommendations on nearby areas? We would love to live in a loft in downtown Denver. I'm thinking that drive would get old though.

Any advice on locations or just about life in Colorado would be greatly appreciated!

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Denver for a year, and in Woodland Park (near Colo Springs) for 4 years.

Greeley looks like Elk City, but without the natural gas money. Flat. Boring. If I were to work in Greeley, I'd look at living in Loveland, Longmont, or Ft. Collins. Most likely Ft. Collins.
I miss Colorado terribly. That place was good for my soul.

Open carry is allowed in Colorado...just in case you were wondering. To commute from Denver would be a no go for me. Too far. Too much traffic. US 85 is packed with traffic lights.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest thing I can tell you I liked about Colorado, other than the mountains, is the culture. Along the front range, people are very libertarian. Do whatever you want to do, just don't screw up my good time. Gay people? no big deal. Different race? Who cares. Guns? Cool let me show you mine. Except in Denver. Too many hoplophobes there.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a good comparison to Elk City! I have heard Loveland is a great place to live. It seems like Loveland and Ft. Collins are the standouts. Open carry is pretty cool but from what I understand is not allowed in the Denver city limits and gets you gawked at in many of the liberal areas. Might not be worth the trouble. I'm hoping to make a trip before too long and just do some driving around. Maybe look at some apartments and what not.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved here from Lakewood (Denver suburb).
I would recommend one of the cities along the front range but nothing in the Denver/Boulder area.
Longmont, Loveland, Ft. Collins would be my choice.
Nothing wrong with Greeley actually. Pretty quiet place.

I miss looking west and seeing those Rockies.

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in a suburb just south of Denver called Highlands Ranch. The roads were huge and there were pedestrian paths everywhere. The Ranch was a "bedroom community" and I loved it. The office I worked in was in Boulder, about 50 miles north, and the drive home could take as long as 3 hours. Traffic was miserable some days but aside from that I loved Colorado. There was almost no humidity, the people were friendly, and I could see the mountains from my bedroom window. On a side note, everyone I lived with from Oklahoma lost weight after moving. All of the mexican food there had green chili and put texmex to shame.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meat is the lakewood DPS still a JOKE ? We lived out by beaver creek and hwy 285 ,mom worked for Jeffco SD ,most of the PD's thouth of lakewood DPS to be keystone cops -- no idea of their city lines( give the Jeffco Shiffe a speeding ticket on morrison Rd ) ,left the emergery lites on and locked the keyes in the car and need a 12 yr to open the car etc,etc.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meat is the lakewood DPS still a JOKE ? We lived out by beaver creek and hwy 285 ,mom worked for Jeffco SD ,most of the PD's thouth of lakewood DPS to be keystone cops -- no idea of their city lines( give the Jeffco Shiffe a speeding ticket on morrison Rd ) ,left the emergery lites on and locked the keyes in the car and need a 12 yr to open the car etc,etc.

Oh yea, I remember.
I think I got pulled over daily. And I drove a 62 Volvo 544!
Those were the days!
My high school graduation was at Red Rocks ampi-theater.

Latest posts

Top Bottom