Anyone ever own a MPA 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Masterpiece Arms makes a 380acp "Protector." They say it is the smallest 380 on the market. I own a Ruger SR9c which I love but it is a tad big for an everyday carry. So I am in the market for a more of a (hate the term) "pocket-pistol"." I am looking at 4 different guns.

Ruger LCP
Taurus TCP
S&W Bodyguard 380
MPA 380.

I am familiar with the LCP and BG380. I know the TCP is a knock off LCP and would probably be fine as well.

However, I like that the MPA 380 is the smallest 380 on the market, and has a good price point of around $250 new. I was curious if anyone had any experience with this gun. Shooting? Reliability? ect.

Thanks in advance

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1050/products_id/411545936

Hmm... interesting. I'd not heard of them until today. At $229 shipped, almost worth trying just to say you did.

Have to do some reading.

So far, it's all steel, which may or may not be a bad thing on a gun like this. The good is that it will help make the gun easier to shoot, by adding some weight. The weight also gets in the way of a pocket gun being effective.

ETA: made in USA..., 5+1 capacity, 11.3 oz
ETA: apparently, mag must be in to fire, or the hammer spring falls out.

Masterpiece Arms Looks like they have .32 and .380 versions.

Conceal This

Impact Guns Cool writeup, showing pics of manufacturing process.

awww.impactguns.com_data_default_images_catalog_535_mpa_380_blk_b.jpg

[Broken External Image]
athetruthaboutguns.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_02_DSC_0009.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom