Taurus TCP 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned above, it is very accurate for a mouse gun. I loved mine when it worked. Problem is that it rarely ever worked. I used it for my CC class and it made me a lot of enemies. It had a failure to feed, or eject on every... single... magazine. Pretty embarassing to hold up the class while the guy had to come over and clear it for me (H&H rules) each time.

Sent it in under warranty and when it came back, it went about 200 more rounds before it broke the extractor. I had them send me an extractor and replaced it myself. It went another hundred or so before it started having feed issues again. I sent it in again and this time they replaced it with a new unit which I promptly sold.

Oh, and the original pistol was the B serial numbered model, not the "troublesome" A model.

If you can afford a better gun, my advice would be to pass on the TCP.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've sold alot of the TCP pistols. I learned early to polish the feedramps before selling them. The early models had major problems feeding rounds, especially jhp. The newer models with the C-prefix on the serial number are suppose to have worked out alot of the feeding issues. For the money, their not bad for a pocket gun. Just be sure and keep that ramp polished to prevent FTF.

ewcraig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've sold alot of the TCP pistols. I learned early to polish the feedramps before selling them. The early models had major problems feeding rounds, especially jhp. The newer models with the C-prefix on the serial number are suppose to have worked out alot of the feeding issues. For the money, their not bad for a pocket gun. Just be sure and keep that ramp polished to prevent FTF.

I was very surprised to hear about so many issues with the TCP. Like I mentioned, I have the PT709 and the feed ramp was a mirror looking finish from the factory, & no problems with feeding. How much are you asking for the TCP's?

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After looking at my records, mine was an A serial number. I think it was the ones without any letter that were supposed to have had all the problems. If they got all the bugs worked out now, then a C serial may be a good one to have. Like I said, I loved mine when it worked!

And I did polish the feed ramp. Hell, I polished the whole slide while I was at it lol...

i1190.photobucket.com_albums_z444_sceptrex_TCP_zpsfcffa739.jpg

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had good luck with mine. Probably shot over 350 rounds. Had some failure to feed at first but that issued worked itself out with more firings. I looked at three .380 pocket guns. Chose TCP over Ruger & Kel-tec because of last rnd. hold open, best sight set-up, smoother trigger and best gun set-up in my hand. I wold buy a TCP again based on my experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom