S&W Bodyguard 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A link to the iwb holster I ordered, with their 10% off and free shipping it was like $21 and change.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first shot the Grendel, I was outside on a hot sunny day. I discovered that if it lay in the sun on one side and got hot, the trigger was dead until it cooled off. If you flipped it over to the other side and let the bottom cool off, the trigger would work again. I must have flipped it back and forth 5 or 6 times cause I couldn't believe it. I immediately traded it in and told them what it was doing but I don't think they believed me.

I have high hopes for the new Bodyguard 2.0.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first shot the Grendel, I was outside on a hot sunny day. I discovered that if it lay in the sun on one side and got hot, the trigger was dead until it cooled off. If you flipped it over to the other side and let the bottom cool off, the trigger would work again. I must have flipped it back and forth 5 or 6 times cause I couldn't believe it. I immediately traded it in and told them what it was doing but I don't think they believed me.

Sounds like things softened up with the heat of the sun and stretched or something.

Completely happy with my 2.0 so far.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I remember in the early days of the Glock guys would swear they knew someone who left a Glock in their car and it melted. Not got soft...melted. Even some gunwriters ran with that nonsense.

That's why the first Glock I bought was a porcelain Glock 7. And I can get past TSA with it.

I'm also looking forward to trying out a 2.0.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Smith about the recoil spring issue, they are aware of it being a issue in some guns and are going to send me out a new one as soon as they have them in stock. Not a issue since I fixed mine but it will be nice to have a factory one in it and have a spare too.

Also let them know about the pin issue I found too, she said she would pass it along so others would be aware of it. Also asked about extra mags, they are due in sometime this week or next.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot a few more mags through the BG Wednesday still no issues, may go shoot it some more today idk.

I did get in the Whole Guns kydex iwb holster for it. With the welcome coupon and free shipping it was like $22, and for that, it is worth the buy. I’m not a fan of holster companies that charge $80-100 for a holster especially one this size. It had a couple small sharp edges I had to smooth out with some 220 sandpaper but that’s fine and easy to do.

IMG_3815.jpeg

Also I know anyone that’s made it this far has seen me talk about a pin that wasn’t seated correctly, it’s this one! If you have one of these guns I’d recommend you check it for safety’s sake

IMG_3785.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 0

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the Smith & Wesson Forum: Trouble with the BG 2.0 recoil spring assembly

Last edited:

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually got my new recoil spring/ guide rod in last week….. same as the first one it goes in but it’s finicky to get it in

Latest posts

Top Bottom