S&W Bodyguard 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justwippet2006

Marksman
Reaction score
There was one off issue with this particular example I will make note of.

In the rear lower roll pin, it was not fully seated through both sides of the frame properly. This created a little tightness in the slides action cause it was just enough out of alignment with the slide rails front and rear that it slowed down the action of the slide. Once I looked into it and realized the pin wasn’t evenly distributed to both sides, correcting it freed everything up and it’s very smooth now. I found and corrected this before I ever fired the gun, it was pretty easy to figure out just cycling the slide for dry fire practice
This was a great catch. I bought the BG 2.0 a couple days after it came out and I've had that little bit of a hitch with the slide since day 1. I took a look and the roll pin was a skosh to the left so I gave it one quick punch and it smoothed it out 100%
I also moved the rear sight over just a hair with a slide-pusher because it was off. It seems to be a pretty widespread issue with the sights from what I've seen a ton of the forums.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was a great catch. I bought the BG 2.0 a couple days after it came out and I've had that little bit of a hitch with the slide since day 1. I took a look and the roll pin was a skosh to the left so I gave it one quick punch and it smoothed it out 100%
I also moved the rear sight over just a hair with a slide-pusher because it was off. It seems to be a pretty widespread issue with the sights from what I've seen a ton of the forums.
My pin was also a little off in the same way, like it wasnt drove in enough. Yeah my sights were off to but almost everything I shoot is a little off outta the box.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the videos I have seen on this one says the front sight is not centered. Other than that it looks like a winner. I will be adding one to the collection soon I hope. I have a Kahr P380 that I love, but if the BG 2.0 shoots as accurate and feels as good, the capacity will win out of the two for sure.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the videos I have seen on this one says the front sight is not centered. Other than that it looks like a winner. I will be adding one to the collection soon I hope. I have a Kahr P380 that I love, but if the BG 2.0 shoots as accurate and feels as good, the capacity will win out of the two for sure.
Yeah lots of guys comment on the sights in videos. I actually had to drift the rear a bit not the front, overall I’m happy with it just need to get it out and shoot it a lot more.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I want one, but I'm not sure. I pocket carry daily and have recently switched from my little Kahr 380 to a Kimber 6sxs in .38, and I'm not so sure I want to go back to .380.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I want one, but I'm not sure. I pocket carry daily and have recently switched from my little Kahr 380 to a Kimber 6sxs in .38, and I'm not so sure I want to go back to .380.
Idk, I think an ultra thin lightweight 380 has its place. I’ve got a 3” model 13-2 smith I like to carry in the winter and my preferred carry is one of my grit grips Glock 19 clones. Anytime I can conceal a 19 sized gun I’m gonna, it’s easier to shoot well and better thank a limited compactly smaller gun. With my main thought being if I only have one 15rd mag that’s still more than 6 in my smith 357 or 5 in a naa 22mag. The little BG 2.0 with 10-11 rounds isn’t bad for what it is and I’ve been carrying it around in shorts where I won’t carry my 19.

Justwippet2006

Marksman
Reaction score
I sold my Kahr P380 in favor of a Glock 42 last year. The Kahr was just too finicky. It definitely shot well when it worked but the BG 2.0 is even easier/softer. I definitely like the Kimber but the BG is lighter and slimmer on top of holding 12+1. I'm in Florida and I wear shorts and a t-shirt 10 months out of the year. This S&W disappears in an IWB kydex holster so it's perfect for this weather.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My main daily is a hellcat pro. I usually have the Kahr P380 in the front pocket or cargo pocket. The Kimber solo is a great option, it’s small as the Kahr, same capacity but it’s 9mm, it’s just heavier than the Kahr. The Kahr and the BG2.0 are basically the same size according to handgunhero.com, the bg2.0 just has twice the capacity. I use the underwood 380 extreme penetrator ammo in the 380 and feel like it would get the job done.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disassembled my Bodyguard 2.0 just now for cleaning prior to shooting for the first time. The recoil spring assembly will not go back in the gun. It will not compress even out of the gun. I didn't notice anything unusual with it while disassembling and it does not look damaged.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disassembled my Bodyguard 2.0 just now for cleaning prior to shooting for the first time. The recoil spring assembly will not go back in the gun. It will not compress even out of the gun. I didn't notice anything unusual with it while disassembling and it does not look damaged.
the end that goes into the slide on mine had a weird shape to the spring, it was up over the end of the guide rod and was stuck. I trimmed it off with a dremel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom