S&W Bodyguard 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 19 clone, 15rd in the mag:

IMG_3784.jpeg

BG 2.0, 10rd in the mag:

IMG_3785.jpeg

15.7oz with a simple leather pocket holster I whipped up for it.

IMG_3786.jpeg

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice comparison thread!
Do you have a Kel-Tec P3-AT to compare it with?
I don't, but I have had one before and can say I would personally choose the Smith over a Keltec any day. It feels more ergonomic in hand and more like a well thought out firearm. Thats just my opinion though, if anyone has a p3at and wants to get together sometime I dont mind and will take some comparison pics of the two.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have pretty much settled on the Shield plus and the Taurus 85 as my go too EDC. The Smith is just easy on the arthritis. 380acp is getting better and better all the time and you have more choices than 95g FP, so thanks for sharing this just in case the 9mm gets to be more than my abused hands can handle. :cool:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't, but I have had one before and can say I would personally choose the Smith over a Keltec any day. It feels more ergonomic in hand and more like a well thought out firearm. Thats just my opinion though, if anyone has a p3at and wants to get together sometime I dont mind and will take some comparison pics of the two.
My Keltec is so light that it's perfect for shorts and t-shirt days which is pretty much every day for me now. Doesn't print and weighs just ounces when loaded.
That's what got me really interested when seeing your comparison on the weight scale. That's pretty light.
I'm probably going to get one, but don't want to pull mine in the gun shop which is never a good idea to compare it to one on the counter.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Keltec is so light that it's perfect for shorts and t-shirt days which is pretty much every day for me now. Doesn't print and weighs just ounces when loaded.
That's what got me really interested when seeing your comparison on the weight scale. That's pretty light.
I'm probably going to get one, but don't want to pull mine in the gun shop which is never a good idea to compare it to one on the counter.
Yeah I get that last part.

I’d say the bg2 is a good one, I’m probably goi t to go shoot mine in the morning then I will report back how it handles.

Justwippet2006

Marksman
Reaction score
Nice comparison thread!
Do you have a Kel-Tec P3-AT to compare it with?
Here's the P32 (with Pierce mag extension) and the Bodyguard 2.0.

I've got about 350 rounds through the BG and it's in a different league than my P32. Yes, it's a little bigger but it's a lot easier to shoot accurately. The trigger is crisp and there is very little recoil because the high beaver tail allows you to get your hand pretty high up on the grip. I've had no failure so far. The slide and the mags are loosened up now and it's just a pleasure to shoot and carry. The only thing I don't like is the rear sight. It's a pretty wide U-notch and I have difficulty lining up the sights sometimes. But it's made for quick acquisition - not targets at 10 yards.

I still shoot the P32 for fun but my Glock 42 is in the back of the safe now.

Attachments

• IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^ Wow... That compares pretty favorably in size to the Kel-Tec. Looks to be just about the same as the LCP Max...and it's slightly larger than the KT, too.

Thanks for posting those.
I never had a favorable opinion of the lcp max, I messed with one a buddy bought his wife and it was just kinda blah for me. But I have always liked the shield feel and look and the BG 2.0 looks like a micro shield and feels like it too

Justwippet2006

Marksman
Reaction score
I never had a favorable opinion of the lcp max, I messed with one a buddy bought his wife and it was just kinda blah for me. But I have always liked the shield feel and look and the BG 2.0 looks like a micro shield and feels like it too
I had an LCP Max for a bit. I hated it. It was no fun to shoot and it wasn't the most reliable pistol. I sold it (for a loss) and carried either the G42 or the P32 - until I got the Bodyguard 2.0.

Latest posts

Top Bottom