S&W Bodyguard 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The LCP Max isn't my favorite, either. Actually, I'm not a fan of most Ruger pistols. But, I find it easy to shoot and it's been completely reliable for me. It's also easy to carry with 13 rounds of ammo.

Normally I would just order something like the BG 2.0 and try it out once I got it. But I've tried out a couple of Shield pistols and wasn't a fan of those. Go figure. So I'm gonna wait until I can at least fondle a new BG before putting the cash out on one.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Boys has a body guard 2.0 on it's rental wall if anyone is interested in giving it a try before you buy. I was in there this morning and the range counter guy let me fondle it. It is very thin and felt good in my small hands. Next time I'm there I'll have to try it.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First 100 uneventful rounds down range. This little gun shoots way better than it should. Mine had to have the sights adjusted rather hastily with a brass punch and small hammer. They move easier after a couple mags and some heat built up 🤣

Still a hair left but it was the lighting and me getting tired so I called it good. Zero malfunctions, only thing I don’t like is the slide stop shape, it’s edge is a little sharp against my thumb knuckle but adjusted my grip and no issue.

IMG_3792.jpeg

IMG_3793.jpeg

This target was 7.5 yards and one handed at a quick pace, no knuckle issue on handed I only experienced that when shooting 2 handed.

IMG_3794.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First 100 uneventful rounds down range. This little gun shoots way better than it should. Mine had to have the sights adjusted rather hastily with a brass punch and small hammer. They move easier after a couple mags and some heat built up 🤣

Still a hair left but it was the lighting and me getting tired so I called it good. Zero malfunctions, only thing I don’t like is the slide stop shape, it’s edge is a little sharp against my thumb knuckle but adjusted my grip and no issue.

View attachment 500675
View attachment 500676

This target was 7.5 yards and one handed at a quick pace, no knuckle issue on handed I only experienced that when shooting 2 handed.

View attachment 500677
Yeah, pretty convinced to get one now. Thanks for the write up and pics!

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was one off issue with this particular example I will make note of.

In the rear lower roll pin, it was not fully seated through both sides of the frame properly. This created a little tightness in the slides action cause it was just enough out of alignment with the slide rails front and rear that it slowed down the action of the slide. Once I looked into it and realized the pin wasn’t evenly distributed to both sides, correcting it freed everything up and it’s very smooth now. I found and corrected this before I ever fired the gun, it was pretty easy to figure out just cycling the slide for dry fire practice

Latest posts

Top Bottom