anyone got trigger time behind a sig P228?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a few hundred rounds through mine. I almost sold it a while back, but came to my senses.

I plan on getting it out the next time I go to the range to shoot carry guns - it'll end up with a few hundred rounds more through it.

The funny thing is that the newer models are advertised with SRT, but I can't find anything specific to that on mine (its a 2009 model). It doesn't feel like the SRT on my P226 Blackwater, but it is definitely shorter than my P226 combat, so I'm not 100% sure if it is or not.

Mine is probably well more accurate than my G19 was (I plan on getting another G19, but I'll never get rid of this P228).

13rd factory mags suck, but you can get 15rd Mec-Gars (I don't know if you can get 15rd sig-labeled, but since Mec-Gar makes the Sig mags anyways, its not a big deal to me).

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 228 best of all the Sigs and would like to have one.

HOWEVER, I don't like Sigs nearly as much as the majority of modern striker-fired pistols like the Glock, M&P, or XD or the some DA/DAO pistols like the Smith and Wesson 5900/4000 series or Beretta M9.

Sigs have a bore axis that is waaaaaaaay too high for the most efficient shooting and the trigger is awful without work and the SRT mod.

HOWEVER, Ernst Langdon won the IDPA Nationals with one a few years back, so if you can do the gun probably can as well.

It's a cool piece but I think there's better, more economical choices out there.

YMMV.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom