Anyone have land for 300-600 yrd shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take up prairie dog shooting. You will most likely have to drive the same distances or more but you can find fields that you are the only one in and you are doing a service for the land owner. The more you shoot the fewer they have to poison. If you get permission to shoot on a farmers land you will get shots of varying lengths and many would allow for shots in the range you are after.

I have gone with some friends a few times and we would ask permission every time we went. We went up into the beginning of the panhandle. I shoot 52gr. SMKs from a .22-250. You can do it with any gun you want. On the advice of the guys I went with our shooting benchs were just tough clothes and bi pods and elbow pads and shooting prone. Some people use portable benchs wich might be good for taking longer shots.

I have seen p dog mounds in green wheat fields and I am sure that farmer would want them all out of his fields. a couple of the places we went the farmwife would say, " kill them all". If you have reservations about shooting them just think that is no different than having a rat in your barn. They are rats (rodents) and they cost dry land farmers money.

From the middle of May the babies start coming out and they are smaller and make harder targets.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do that myself. I have this sweet 6.5 Grendel, long range scope and I just need someplace to shoot it and learn how to shoot distance. I need a coach and land...I'm a LR newb.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do that myself. I have this sweet 6.5 Grendel, long range scope and I just need someplace to shoot it and learn how to shoot distance. I need a coach and land...I'm a LR newb.

Drop me a PM and we can discuss if we can get you hooked up.
I shoot a Grendel AR and can shoot steel outto 640 yards.
Used to teach new rifle shooters as well as being an NRA certified smallbore rifle instructor back about 10 years ago, so I think all your points are covered.
Only thing is that I live near Tulsa.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What end of the state are you in?

I might have a line on place I can shoot long range, but like Hoddy said, I'm a newb, and I want to shoot with someone who knows what they're doing for a while. I don't want to learn a bunch of bad habits.

I'm actually not to far from you, I live in BA. My land is just east of BA on the river by 33 landing.
Hell if you took the turnpike to 412 you could be at my place in 30 min or so.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
None of us are any long range shooters though, just extended hunting range at best. 500 yards is where we stop for now.
But if we could find a good long range shooter who's looking to shoot maybe they could shows us a thing or two.

I will go you one better, my buddy is getting out of the Army soon, and is a Sniper/Sniper Team Leader. I plan to have him teach me some things, we just need a range.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm actually not to far from you, I live in BA. My land is just east of BA on the river by 33 landing.
Hell if you took the turnpike to 412 you could be at my place in 30 min or so.

East of Catoosa on 412? Not in my backyard, but I'd be up for a shoot sometime. I hate shooting alone.

It may not be technically "long range," but 500 is a heck of a lot longer than I've ever shot.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will go you one better, my buddy is getting out of the Army soon, and is a Sniper/Sniper Team Leader. I plan to have him teach me some things, we just need a range.

If you've genuinely got a guy rotating out of the military willing to teach some civi's how to shoot long range, I've got a place. I can go out to 1500 yards. Private land, shooting from either the ground or a 3 story,large platform steel tower (think building with no sides).

Mitch, if you're serious, get a general idea of a date. I might even be able to bring out a Barret .50cal for some fun in addition to everyone's small arms.

Mind you, this is private land and would only be available during organized shoots. This is near Crescent, OK. we can make it worth the trip for those of your that are in T-town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom