Anyone here have a Kahr CW9 or CW40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While it appears some other folks on here do not like the 709, I do. It is light, easy to shoot, and accurate. I also like the second strike capability that it has. It also has an easy to use safety if you want something like that. Several friends of mine have one as well and all of ours have been 100% reliable from day one.
That's one of the things I miss from my PT111, I really liked having that capability. That and the tactile chamber loaded indicator. But you can still feel the extractor on the Kahr, it's just not as "obvious" as the Taurus. My Taurus was 100% reliable too. But I still like the Kahr a whole lot better.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it appears some other folks on here do not like the 709, I do. It is light, easy to shoot, and accurate. I also like the second strike capability that it has. It also has an easy to use safety if you want something like that. Several friends of mine have one as well and all of ours have been 100% reliable from day one.

That was what had me looking at it in the first place. I'm not sure how long it will take to get her efficient at tap-rack-boom exercises, but I would really prefer her have the ability to do a second strike.

Although I do see the other side of it. I would guess that most times you pull the trigger and there's no boom is because there's not one in the chamber, and second strike won't solve that problem, it would just cause needless wasted time on trigger pulls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom