Anyone here use flush mount AR mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to try one if there are any dependable brands. These 30 rounders just get in my way while setting waiting for hogs.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
20 rounders are really good, especially if you're using a bipod. Even if you're not, 20 and ten rounders work about the same. They both gain a lot of real estate compared to 30 rounders.

Magpul and Dura Mag. Add: if you can find them, the old issue 20 rd mags are some of the best ever.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin and I were talking about this the other day. I would go with Duramag. They make a 5 rounder, which should fit pretty close to flush. I’m thinking of getting one or two, for the AR and trying it out on the Ruger American ranch in 223. The 10 round mags stick out more than I would like on it. I feel the five round would be the perfect combo of size and capacity.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
when I get around the house again ill see if i can find a ten rounder, I think they work perfect for AR’s and hunting. Wanna say they stick out maybe an inch or two.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 rounders are really good, especially if you're using a bipod. Even if you're not, 20 and ten rounders work about the same. They both gain a lot of real estate compared to 30 rounders.

Magpul and Dura Mag. Add: if you can find them, the old issue 20 rd mags are some of the best ever.
I have a lot of the Colt twenty's from back in the day. Will only use the Colt thirties if there is a Revolution.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin and I were talking about this the other day. I would go with Duramag. They make a 5 rounder, which should fit pretty close to flush. I’m thinking of getting one or two, for the AR and trying it out on the Ruger American ranch in 223. The 10 round mags stick out more than I would like on it. I feel the five round would be the perfect combo of size and capacity.
I did plan on ordering some 5/10 round Duramags whenever I got around to it. People speak so highly of the 30s

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t have a clue where I bought them but have two five round aluminum mags from back in the Clinton days ban that I use on the bench and hunting. Never failed yet.
Buddy was looking for some 5 or 10 rounders for his 9 yr old son that hunts with his .300 BO, so I found some 5 round mags for him in Colorado that are currently under the bed and I’m not waking the wife this time of night to check on what brand they are as I forgot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom