Anyone know of a bank that allows CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, but has nothing to do with it being a bank. Basically any place can inform you that it is not acceptable, and ask you to leave. That verbal notification would be the same as a sign, and then afterward, it is a trespass. If it is not posted, and they do not say anything, they cannot call police and charge you with a trespass until you are informed. It kind of sounded like you were saying that they can prosecute without notifying you. They have to either post or tell you in some way that it is not acceptable. Until then, you should assume that it is permitted.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Well Well. I sent an email to Arvest, and I got a reply today. I am satisfied to say the person I spoke with is a decision maker within the institution, and was very open minded and supportive of my complaint. They will review policy and look into not have a blanket no firearms sign, but possibly a no open carry/illegal carrying of firearms policy. If that occurs, its a win in my book. I will be monitoring this closely, and will report back any updates. IF this occurs, they have a customer for life in me.

In noticing what they told you - possibly a no open/illegal carrying of firearms policy. You should have let them know you liked the part about making a policy that it would be illegal to illegally carry! :brick:

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, but has nothing to do with it being a bank. Basically any place can inform you that it is not acceptable, and ask you to leave. That verbal notification would be the same as a sign, and then afterward, it is a trespass. If it is not posted, and they do not say anything, they cannot call police and charge you with a trespass until you are informed. It kind of sounded like you were saying that they can prosecute without notifying you. They have to either post or tell you in some way that it is not acceptable. Until then, you should assume that it is permitted.

No where in anything I said did I mention prosecution or calling the police. I was simply reminding everyone that a business can have that no gun policy without a sign. I apologize if my statement caused you to assume otherwise.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No where in anything I said did I mention prosecution or calling the police. I was simply reminding everyone that a business can have that no gun policy without a sign. I apologize if my statement caused you to assume otherwise.

They can have the policy all they want, but if they do not provide notification of such policy to me as a patron then they are never going to know I have a gun, and I am never going to know they have a policy.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if Bank7 is in your area or not, but the branch in Medford does not have any signs. I carry concealed in there, and have never had a problem.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No harm at all, just clarifying it for some of those not as familiar. I still see newer people that are under the assumption that it is a for to carry in a posted place. It is hard to read intentions in a post, so just trying to overclarifying the limitations

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legacy does. And when I asked back at the end of October on whether that was a Corporate or Branch decision, they said their policy was to not post signs and they had no plans to post them.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No harm at all, just clarifying it for some of those not as familiar. I still see newer people that are under the assumption that it is a for to carry in a posted place. It is hard to read intentions in a post, so just trying to overclarifying the limitations

We are good. I didn't take it as you attacking me or anything. I just wanted to apologize if I miss lead you in anyway in my original post.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I received an email from the President of Arvest. I have been in a month long email discussion with him regarding the blanket no guns signs. After many emails back and forth, I received this today:
"Arvest Banks in the Tulsa Region will be changing our signage to say “NO OPEN CARRY WEAPONS”. Thanks for your input. If you communicate with other weapons carriers please remind them that the worst thing that could ever happen in a bank robbery would be a gun fight in the lobby. There can be more than one bank robber present and the collateral damage could be devastating.…thanks again for your interest and support."

I will take this as a win! No Carry at all, to a no open carry policy both keeps the CCW person happy, and the Bank personnel happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom