Anyone own a Mazda cx9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking seriously at a low mileage cx9 for the wife to replace her 100000 mile Lincoln Mkx. Input would be appreciated.

The one we are considering is a 2022 Signature model

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking seriously at a low mileage cx9 for the wife to replace her 100000 mile Lincoln Mkx. Input would be appreciated.

The one we are considering is a 2022 Signature model
Wife had a 2015 or so model, was a real good car for her. Her mom has a 2019 or 2020ish CX5 and it’s a real nice car that has treated her good since she bought it new. I end up driving it a lot, as I drive whatever vehicle any of us take when together.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had one of the earlier ones and it was a very nice car. Now I’d never won another new Mazda again but that has nothing to do with their quality.

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has a 2016 CX5. Good little dependable car but it is noisy going down the road and the seats are not near as comfortable as my pickup.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought new 2020 CX-5. Same engine as all the Mazdas. 2.5, non turbo. 35k miles so far and no problems.
But....after purchase I started reading about three basic issues. Should have done homework before I bought.
1. Potential for a cracked cylinder head. watch
2. CD. [cylinder deactivation] Troublesome for some owners. 2018 or 2019 and up. Discontinued around 2023 I think? watch
3. Direct Injected Engine. Will likely need intake carbon removal at around 40K watch

I have not had problems. Car is nice and tight so far. Power is good for a 4 banger. 25 MPG.
Engine is a 13:1 compression ratio. Strange. I think it has a 5 year, 60k power train warranty.
I prefer a key to start. The keyless system has left a lot of people stranded I hear.
Wife absolutely loves it.
Not sure if these YouTube links will work but you can google them.

EDIT: YMMV

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom