Anyone painted a polymer frame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a m&p shield I wanna fiddle with and was jus wondering if anyones had luck with painting a polymer frame? If so how did ya do it and how long has it lasted?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it.

monderno.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_07_SW_MP_Cerakote.jpg

Let us know how it turns out!

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is my goal, minus the slide work. I'll post pics and details if i get the balls to do it.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im having a Wrap put on my Ural Russian target rifle as I speak here. Should be ready next week. Will post pics. Cool matt metallic Blue. The gloss was too bright.

Point and Laugh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've painted a few. They all came out fine. They have some paint at Walmart in the auto section that's made for plastic and vinyl, I guess it's for dying car interior stuff. It works really good. I cleaned the polymer parts with non-chlorinated brake cleaner first.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Brownells Alumahyde with success on polymer and aluminum. Just make sure to follow the directions and you'll be good. Not as good as cerakote, but it turned out nice. Whatever you do, DO NOT RUSH IT!!!! I can't stress that enough. Take your time, and you will be happy with it.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Welp here goes nothing. I've taped, sanded and wiped down with brake clean. Gonna go spray n see what happens

Latest posts

Top Bottom