Anyone riding the Silver/Gold train?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of us were talking about this recently when one asked the question, "any idea which gas station takes gold?"

I told him 7-11 takes silver, and in fact I bought a cup of coffee that morning using nothing but silver coins.

We have been buying gold and silver, physical and funds, for the last 20+ years. I'm not sure if we are ahead or behind, but my intentions are not to need it, but to leave it to my grandsons.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
silver and gold and other commodities are a way to preserve wealth during inflationary times more than investment. silver or gold stocks would be an investment. i can't think of any commodity that will store better than gold or silver but there may be others like jewels and art etc. during the Venezuela recent hyper inflation event laundry detergent was the prime pick to hold wealth.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
silver and gold and other commodities are a way to preserve wealth during inflationary times more than investment. silver or gold stocks would be an investment. i can't think of any commodity that will store better than gold or silver but there may be others like jewels and art etc. during the Venezuela recent hyper inflation event laundry detergent was the prime pick to hold wealth.
TP was a valuable U.S. commodity a year ago... :D

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought quite a few silver eagles when they were $17.50 a piece a few years ago.I can always tell which safety deposit box has the silver in it before i open it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom