Anyone thought about pulling??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has has to pull or think seriously about pulling their CCW?? I know we are not supposed to pull until ready to use, but just wondering about anyones experiences...

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had to pull or feel the need to pull in Oklahoma.

In the early '80's I was living in Wash State. I got a CCW up there before all the SDA stuff existed. There was no training required. You just had to be a resident and pass a background check.

One night, my GF borrowed my car to go out with some friends. She called me at about 0130 saying the car stalled out and some guys in a white pickup were harrassing her. Her friend lived down the street, so they went there.

I get on my motorcycle and head that way. By then, the car had been shoved off the road into a ditch and all smashed up. Marks on the car showed a white vehicle about truck height had been hitting it in various places.

I'm standing there assessing this mess (waiting for the police to arrive) when a white pickup shows up and two guys jump out. They run toward me and I pulled on them (it scared the bejeezus out of me). They yelled out "are you ok?" and kept walking toward me from across the street where they parked. I noticed their white truck had no marks on it. It was new and shiny. Not the type that would used as a ramrod.

I put the gun away, they were cool and just concerned about the wreck. Nothing happened.

It was dark enough that I don't think they even knew I was armed and pulled on them.

Later, I'm with a deputy filling out his report, and I never told him I was armed. Then again, we were never trained/instructed to do so.

I look back at it, and am thankful nothing bad happened. I also wonder about the legalities of the whole incident, since Washington State required no training in order to carry. I really didn't know what I was 'legally' supposed to do in that incident.

I do know that just pulling it on someone felt bad, and I hope I never have to do it again.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy jumped into my car once at a stoplight around 1 a.m. several years ago. I already had my .45 tucked under my leg, pulled it out, and shoved him out of the car before he got the door shut completely with it then took off.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya,every time someone in my house grabs the last piece of chocolate cake or puts the milk carton back in the fridge empty...

Seriously,Ive put my hand on it more times than I can count,but havent had to draw yet. But its my own fault. I spend alot of time out late at night while working on the road as a musician or when home just out running around late at night around Tulsa shopping at Walmart,getting food,hanging out with friends,whatever. Its a seriously ****ed up world we live in these days so when I'm out I like to feel safe. Glad I can carry.

doubletapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find myself watching my surroundings more, and just trying to be overall more aware... I am going to pay for my girlfriend to take the ccw course I think...

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always been very attentive to my surroundings. I do believe in a saying I heard 24/7 on active duty - Stay Alert Stay Alive. I watch people all around me, even people in their yard or walking down the street when I am driving. I don't my my CCL yet so never thought about pulling something I am not carrying. I have reached for the pepper spray or my knife though. At home I have had 2 incidents where I have heard something and grabbed the pistol and done a check. Always a relief to find out was nothing.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled mine once. Had 3 punks harassing us around 1AM on I-40 just West of Nashville. When I tried to exit to get away from them, they followed. We hit the stoplight and they jumped out and ran towards my car. I pulled, but scanned left & right at the same time. No traffic coming, so I nailed it and ditched them. My travelling companion complimented my ability to draw a gun from concealment and do a 4 wheel drift through an intersection simultaneously.

I figured it was a lot less paperwork than shooting some dumbasses in another state.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled mine just a few years ago.

I was driving home from work and I saw a guy walking carrying an old beat up, filthy, green duffel bag.

I stopped and picked him up. He got in and I said hello and asked if he needed a ride. He didn't say anything, just got in. We went down the road about a mile or so and I tried to visit with him just a little.

"What's your name?"
Silence.
"Where you headed?"
Silence.
"Where you from?"
Silence.

So. As you can imagine, I'm getting a little concerned and a little pissed at the same time. I then pointed my chin towards the filthy, green duffel bag in his lap and asked him, "whatcha got in the bag?"

"None your business." was his reply.

:lookaroun

I said, "no...really...whatcha got?"
Again he said, "none of your business."

I pulled over, shoved my Glock in his ribs and said, "look you sonovabitch! You're gonna tell me what's in that bag, or I'm gonna open you up like a ripe melon!"

Well, the guy threw the bag in the floorboard of my truck, jumped out and ran off, disapearing into the night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom