Anyone thought about pulling??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You were just waaaaaaiting for someone to ask you that, weren't you? hehe

Yeah...:pms2:...sorry. I love telling that story. Somebody falls for it every time.

Anyway...back on topic.

Yes, I've drawn my weapon more times than I can remember, but always on duty. I don't think I've ever drawn while off duty/concealed.

AckleyShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mowing the front yard and was carrying my LCP holstered in my waistband. The druggie neighbors next door let their Pit Bull/Boxer mix out the front door while I was mowing the section of grass that contacted their front yard. The dog darted for me and snapped for my calf. I yanked my leg away and let the pushmower die and put my hand on my CCW to pull and kill the dog, when the daughter of the homeowner came running to get the dog. The dog stayed at a distance until she grabbed it. But had it lunged forward it was done for. My heart was really pumping and the adrenaline was flowing.

I told my wife (who has her CCW as well) to always be careful now when she is outside. Next time it happens the dog will go down, no matter who is running for it.

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ackley. Almost the EXACT same thing happened to me here in Tulsa. I had my shirt up and my right hand on the butt, and was just about to draw and for some reason it ran around me and off. Maybe it was because I was stooped over the mower because I was tired, and then when it tried to charge me I of course straightened up. I don't know, but I was going to shoot that dog for sure.

I had ample reason too. A few months later it brought down a calf on somebody's farm and they killed it with a shotgun.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at academy and I saw some fella giving a lady a hard time but she got in her car. Next thing you know hes making a beeline towards me as was getting into my truck. As soon as I got in he was besides my drivers side window and some woman with him was behind my truck blocking me in. I told him I wasnt giving him and money or buying anything. He starts screaming at me and flipping me off and getting closer to my window. I couldnt go forward or backwards. I pulled my gun out but he couldnt see it. I called Academy and told the manager some man and woman were causing problems out in the lot and they called the police. If he would have made contact with my window it would have been pulled on him but thankfully he didnt go that far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom